We recognize that every firm needs a different level of support from their professional advisers.
As the aesthetics sector in the UK has grown and we have become the market leader in dealing with the distinct and complex nature of the sector. Our service is unique as it is VAT led, and we connect our VAT and accounting services to give you a rounded business advisory service. We understand the ownership issues, VAT concerns and the wider sector regulation and marketplace. As a one stop shop for aesthetic businesses across the UK, we work with you to understand your business needs, giving you support to build a commercially successful business.
As a team of sector experts, we regularly speak at conferences and write articles within these aesthetics networks and industry publications, leading opinion and debate.
We give business owners confidence in their dealings with HMRC, which we know can be a primary point of concern. Having successfully dealt with a number of high-profile VAT enquiries we are best placed to give you the best advice.
Establishing VAT liability of supplies
- Medical sales are not VATable. Cosmetic sales are VATable. HMRC guidance is sparse and largely unhelpful. We will advise you on the current law as it relates to aesthetics, assist you in determining what kind of supplies you make and advise you on whether or not you should be registered for VAT.
- We can carry out on-site or online reviews.
- We can advise on the best-practice record keeping you should follow in order to deal with future HMRC enquiries.
Dealing with HMRC and Assessments
- Our experience has highlighted that VAT reviews can be difficult as HMRC officers often do not understand the aesthetic sector or the law relating to it. We will help you navigate through the HMRC enquiry, helping with correspondence, attending visits and reviewing records, and support you throughout the process.
- We can assist with assessment appeals, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and tribunal cases.
Tax returns, VAT and Payroll
- We offer assistance with VAT regulations and VAT returns.
- We can review your VAT returns or complete them on your behalf.
- We can assist with VAT registration, de-registration or any other VAT compliance.
- We can calculate your personal or partnership tax liability and submit your returns.
- If you’re a limited company, we can calculate and submit your corporate tax returns.
- We provide payroll services, which incorporate assistance with your auto enrolment responsibilities.
- Our team can advise you on whether or not you have payroll obligations, including whether HMRC would consider you have employees or use self-employed practitioners.