Meeting management as we begin to meet in person
How good are your meetings? My guess is there will be room for improvement. Here are three things to think about as we begin to meet in person again.
- Accessibility of meetings
Let me start by challenging the assumption in the heading that it is right to meet in person again.
Maybe continuing to meet electronically will enable some charities to be more effective, for example:
- Online meetings during the day are less disruptive than in-person meetings, and therefore perhaps easier for some to join.
- Some will have enjoyed reaching for the laptop from their armchair a few minutes before the meeting starts and will not be looking forward to travelling, find parking and run from their car in the rain.
- Maybe some of your best potential trustees’ live miles away and historically have not felt able to support you.
- Maybe you can more easily bring in other stakeholders and experts for parts of your meeting.
So, perhaps a blended approach will be required - download issue one of our 'Revive, Refocus, Rebuild – The journey back to better' guide here to find out more…
Would you like to know more?
If you have any queries regarding what we cover in our guide, please get in touch with your usual contact or email email@example.com.