Jonathan is responsible our Godalming audit department and leads a dedicated team of twenty five.
They deliver more than 200 audit and assurance assignments each year including:
- Statutory Audits under the Companies Act
- Financial Conduct Authority audits & assurance including CASS 5 (Insurance) and CASS 7 (Client money rules) reporting for Designated Investment Firms (DIF) and Mortgage and General Insurers (MGI)
- Global Investment Performance Standard (GIPs) reporting for regulated entities
- Solicitors Accounts Rules audits
- Outsourced or Co-sourced Internal Audits
- Charity audits and Independent Examinations
- Pension Scheme Audits
Jonathan is the lead audit partner/Responsible Individual (RI) on many of the firm’s larger group and international audits.
He also acts for a range of larger overseas corporate clients and has assisted them on setting up their UK operations, including advising them on:
- Strategic and tax advice on their UK structure
- appraisal and installation of the UK financial reporting systems
- advice on internal controls
- preparation of the statutory financial statements for the entity and corporation tax compliance and advisory matters
- providing outsourced support services including; payroll , CIS returns, VAT returns, Intrastat returns, company secretarial services, ONS surveys and FCA compliance including preparation of GABRIEL returns for regulated clients
Jonathan works closely with his clients to fully understand their business and the environment in which they operate. This includes considering external factors that can impact on their business and helping them to manage the many risks that their business faces. He proactively works with the Board of Directors to understand and develop their strategic objectives for the business, and assists them with implementing a plan of action to achieve their goals.
He has developed a broad depth of experience over a range of business sectors but specifically the following:
- Regulated entities
- Grant audits including Innovate UK grants
- Construction industry – acting for main contractors & sub-contractor clients
- Precision manufacturing; experience in vehicles, furniture and pharmaceuticals,
- Procurement and specialist freight forwarding
- Fintech and service related entities