Alastair has over 15 years’ experience advising some of the largest and most influential businesses in the North East of England.
Alastair specialises in assisting innovative businesses. He has helped our clients to secure more than £35 million in corporate tax credits – including one engineering business who received nearly £0.5m in the form of corporate tax repayments, and an oil and gas supply chain group who received more than £1.1m.
Alastair is experienced in:
- Corporate Tax Compliance, efficiency and reporting
- Tax efficient fund raising via EIS, SEIS and the Social Investment Tax Relief
- Assisting companies to identify and implement tax efficient reward mechanisms for their staff, such as Enterprise Management Incentive Schemes, Employee Shareholder Contracts and Growth Shares
- Advising businesses on tax incentives and schemes including R&D Tax Reliefs, ECAs and the Creative Sector reliefs
- Helping entrepreneurs mitigate taxes throughout their business activities